Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections and the exchange of helpful information, goods, and services. Nextdoor’s purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
At Nextdoor, we are committed to our mission of creating the neighborhood hub for local communities. The teams within our Member Experience pillar focus on creating the core experiences that drive user growth and engagement. Our Growth team is responsible for bringing new users to the platform and making sure they get value from Nextdoor on each of their visits so that they keep coming back. The team is looking for a data-informed, innovative leader who is excited to help build up the team and deliver impactful experiences by experimenting and learning quickly.
The Impact You’ll Make
As an Engineering Manager on the Growth team, you will be helping to build and lead a team of engineers who are motivated by finding new ways to help expand our international member base. In this role you will focus on understanding challenges and new opportunities to bring new members onto the platform and getting them to their first magic moment on Nextdoor. You will also ensure that our existing user base is able to easily come back to the platform and can be reactivated when they come back. Finally, you'll be involved in helping Nextdoor continue to expand into new international markets.
Some of the impact you will make will focus on:
- Facilitate collaboration across functional teams such as product, design, engineering, data science.
- Ensure project health and progress using project management tools such as Jira.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of shipped software.
- Provide technical guidance at the architecture and product level.
- Recruit, build, coach and mentor, reinforcing engineering excellence.
- Promote a culture of feedback and transparent communication.
What You’ll Bring to The House
- 2+ years of people management, leading technical product teams including fullstack, frontend, backend, and/or mobile.
- Technical background and are able to contribute to planning and design discussions.
- Can drive a strong sense of ownership across the team and motivate the team celebrating wins and learning from experiments
- Experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work
- A collaborative, thoughtful and strategic leader, who is comfortable with open communication and giving/receiving constructive feedback respectfully.
- Experience working with Business Stakeholders, Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists and User Researchers.
- Experience working on growth or other data-driven engineering teams.
- Experience expanding products internationally
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.