Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections and the exchange of helpful information, goods, and services. Nextdoor’s purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
At Nextdoor, we believe in the transformative power of community. As the Marketing team, we are responsible for communicating our brand in a way that demonstrates its value and is clear and differentiated, and inspires our members and customers about what’s possible. We feel responsible for the member and customer experience and partner across the company to continuously drive improvement. We are a lean but powerful team, each of us with a diverse opinion and perspective because that’s what we seek out and respect in others. Nextdoor is on a mission to take online connections and turn them into real-life connections. As a member of the marketing team, you can help drive that reality.
The Impact You’ll Make
As the Neighborhood Vitality Product Marketer, you will lead a critical part of our marketing efforts. Neighborhood Vitality represents the heart of our member experience, reinforcing our values of earning trust everyday and investing in community. This role will lead Product Marketing for Groups, Trust & Safety, content creation, and more. You will partner cross-functionally with Product, Design, Research, Data Science, Product Operations, Content Strategy to develop and define new products and features for Nextdoor members while leading the go to market launches with other Marketing teams.
You should be thoughtful, resourceful, strategic, and also willing to roll up your sleeves. We strive to give every employee and candidate a genuine, transparent, and neighborly experience.
You should be excited to bring your experience and expertise every day to:
- Drive alignment with leadership and stakeholder partners to develop product marketing strategy, approach, and coordinate cross-functional resources to execute on those plans
- Identify insights from the competitive landscape, voice of member, NPS, and market trends to develop recommendations to influence the product roadmap
- Tell the Nextdoor story through developing effective product positioning and messaging
- Lead product launches and feature releases across multiple channels that drive member growth, including acquisition and engagement and ongoing adoption
- Partner with product managers, data scientists, researchers, designers, product operations, and fellow marketers to drive insights and results
- Build pre-analysis, business cases, data-backed measurable KPIs for experiments and product marketing plans. Monitor and present plan effectiveness metrics to leadership and stakeholder teams
- Continuously optimize the approach to improve alignment and efficiencies
What You’ll Bring to The House
- Minimum of 7 years working experience and 2 years experience in a product marketing capacity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills including proficiency in Excel
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate and present to senior leadership
- Ability to deliver succinct, impactful messaging
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Unquestioned integrity, impeccable judgment, and the ability to think critically.
- A collaborative, thoughtful, strategic, and operational/tactical marketer, who is comfortable with open communication and giving/receiving constructive feedback respectfully.
- Experience building communities
- Experience developing and working with content creators.
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.