Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections and the exchange of helpful information, goods, and services. Nextdoor’s purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
Nextdoor’s Finance & Strategy team is responsible for enabling and improving strategic and financial decision-making across Nextdoor. We maintain the company’s operating models, analyze product roadmaps and capital allocation decisions, interface with investors, and engage in strategic decisions (e.g., product go-to-market plans and pricing). We provide timely and clear data and recommendations. Business partners appreciate our insight and trust us to help them solve difficult problems and investors look to us to educate them on Nextdoor’s business, strategy, and outlook.
The Impact You Will Make
As a key contributor on the Nextdoor Finance & Strategy team focused on Growth & Engagement, you will be a driver of strategy and planning to grow Nextdoor’s member base globally. You have a bias towards action, and are constantly looking for ways to help our growth reach the next level. You will interrogate the data and tease out the story to guide product strategy. You will build and execute core operational processes, such as metrics reporting, user growth and engagement forecasting, and tracking the impact of product initiatives. In your role, you will also work on special projects such as designing models to inform resource allocation decisions across global markets. You will work closely with senior finance and product leaders on a day-to-day basis.
This is a high-impact role. You will be a self-starter, an independent thinker, deeply analytical, and detail-oriented, capable of working in a structured manner and thrive in ambiguity. You will work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Data Science, International, Marketing, Revenue, and Accounting, developing a deep understanding of Nextdoor’s business and translating this knowledge into strategic recommendations for the organization.
This position will be based in San Francisco and will report to the Finance & Strategy Lead for Global Member Growth & Engagement.
- Deeply understand key product drivers, and conduct research, analysis and business modeling to help cross-functional partners make financially sound and growth-focused investment decisions
- Develop and maintain financial and operational metrics dashboards and reports using data systems and visualization tools, and leverage this data to surface key insights at all levels of the company (business partner, executive, board)
- Apply an analytical approach to support decision making, including projects on member behavior economics, LTV / ROI of product initiatives, and competitive landscape benchmarking
What You Will Bring to The House
- 2-to-5 years of relevant experience in analytical/strategic roles (e.g. investment banking, consulting, business operations, or analytics at a fast-paced technology company)
- A highly analytical and inquisitive work style with keen attention to detail, complemented by the ability to see beyond the numbers and drive meaningful business decisions
- Experience with SQL and Looker (or similar data visualization tool). Able to manipulate large data sets, uncover hidden insights in our data
- Proficiency in Excel. Able to build models to size opportunities and build business cases for pursuing new initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A strong passion for Nextdoor's mission
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.