Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Everything you deliver is backed by a solid strategy. You’re excited by the idea of leading initiatives across the organization and driving impact. You maintain confidence throughout all your projects and are committed to getting things done.
Justworks is looking for a Senior Program Manager to lead Benefits Lab, the Justworks’ incubator designed to help define the future of workplace benefits and perks. Through Benefits Lab, Justworks researches, tests, and co-creates new and innovative benefits and perk offerings directly with our customers and employees.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading the overall strategy and direction of Benefits Lab, with the goal of scaling out the program and bringing high-impact, differentiated offerings to market that resonate with our customers. You’ll work collaboratively with Product, Strategy, and stakeholders across the business to research, roll out, and evaluate new offerings. We’re looking for someone who’s a strategic thinker, customer-focused, and loves to experiment.
This is an exciting opportunity to build and shape one of Justworks’ most innovative programs and have a direct impact on our customers.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Define the vision and strategy for Benefits Lab alongside product and business stakeholders and your direct working teams
- Keep a pulse on market and consumer trends as it relates to workplace benefits and perks. Leverage and share insights to influence the strategic direction of Benefits Lab
- Conduct research to validate the need and impact of potential new benefit or perk offerings among our customer base; ensure highest impact customer needs are surfaced and prioritized
- Conduct market research to identify and evaluate the right partners or solutions that best meet prioritized customer needs; build relationships with external partners to funnel them into the Benefits Lab program
- Lead or support efforts that validate the right way to market, price, and package Justworks’ benefit and perks offerings
- Design ways to make it easier and faster to push Benefits Lab initiatives forward by streamlining core internal and partner-facing processes
- Build out business cases for new offerings and work with Product and Design to determine if and how new offerings are integrated into our product
- Partner with Product and Product Marketing to design and manage the roll out of Benefits Lab betas; lead the evaluation process and drive recommendations on next steps
- Work with Product Marketing and the broader Marketing team to publicize and communicate about the program externally
- Partner with our People and Talent team to test out and gather feedback on Benefits Lab betas from Justworks employees
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate potential risks to the success of any Benefits Lab projects
- Be able to say “No,” but back it up with reasoning
- Maintain a positive attitude, even in the face of adversity
- Perform other related duties as assigned
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Program Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Strategic mindset - anticipates future trends and implications accurately; articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5+ years of product marketing, strategy, program management, and/or consumer insights for tech/software products
- Strong business acumen, including an understanding of tech/SaaS companies
- Experience in market and customer research; can create and drive research plans and comfortable leveraging mixed-methods (qualitative and quantitative) research to inform work
- Ability to learn about Justworks benefits/perks and other domains quickly
- Strong analytical ability paired with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and apply market, competitive, and customer research to inform GTM and product strategy
- Demonstrated ability to lead and self-direct cross-functional projects, juggling competing priorities, stakeholders, and tasks as needed
- Possess strong leadership and management skills
- Creative problem-solver with a passion for making complex things simple(r)
- Proficient with SQL (Tableau is a plus)
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.