Nextdoor is the neighborhood hub for you, your neighbors and the broader local community. Nextdoor’s purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet Your Future Neighbors
Nextdoor’s Advertising team is a diverse, hungry and strategic group of neighbors focused on partnering with national brands to connect them with our community of members through our growing portfolio of advertising products. The team culture mirrors the larger business focus, relying on building trusted connections both internally as well as with our partners in order to drive campaigns and executions that add value to our members lives while simultaneously driving results for our brand partners. We believe that in order to succeed we must attract and develop smart, capable, and passionate employees, while also creating an inclusive environment where they know they belong, and will thrive and grow. Diversity of all forms - abilities, age, ethnic backgrounds, races, career experiences, and more – are the foundations of how we're building a kinder world through our communities and neighborhoods. We value diverse perspectives and we champion workspaces and professional environments where everyone’s voice is heard, where all backgrounds are respected, celebrated, and where you can be 100% you - every day.
The Impact You’ll Make
Nextdoor’s Sales team partners with national brands to connect them with our hyper-local community of neighbors across the United States through our native advertising product, Sponsored Posts. You will develop and build a pipeline and drive new business through the full sales cycle (from prospecting to closing). To succeed in this role, you will need a deep understanding of brand storytelling, experience with social and native advertising, and an extensive network of national and regional brands. You are ambitious and thrive in a startup environment, with a demonstrated ability to build detailed sales and revenue generation plans, while also being able to roll up your sleeves and execute tactically. You will:
- Develop integrated brand campaigns that clearly achieve brand objectives, while staying true to the Nextdoor brand and community.
- Consistently meet or exceed revenue quotas.
- Effectively manage client expectations and work with ad operations team to ensure successful campaign performance and client retention.
- Provide thoughtful feedback to internal marketing, product and engineering teams to drive product innovation.
- Aggressively pursue new prospects and sales opportunities. Be a hunter.
- Build relationships with key decision-makers across complex national corporations and agency partners.
- Manage a robust pipeline and accurately forecast new business revenue.
What You’ll Bring to The Team
- 8+ years of experience in advertising sales.
- A history of securing new business partners exceeding ~$1M quarterly.
- Experience with Salesforce and prospecting tools (e.g., LinkedIn, WINMO).
- Advanced sales, communication, and presentation skills.
- Deep understanding and experience with social and native advertising.
- Successful track record of developing strategic relationships with marketers and brands, with an active client list of large national and regional brands.
- Strong understanding of branding, brand storytelling and marketing campaigns aimed at brand awareness and brand perception.
- Established relationships with top marketing decision-makers at leading brands and advertising agencies, selling digital advertising and content marketing.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- A passion for community building, to inspire a more inclusive team and diversity of thought, both at Nextdoor and in your own neighborhoods.
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinanc