Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections and the exchange of helpful information, goods, and services. Nextdoor’s purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
The Neighborhood Vitality pillar focuses on providing a safe and welcoming platform via content moderation, member verification, and trust and safety systems while allowing neighbors to express themselves through interest-based groups and profiles.
The Social Capital team’s mission is to help neighbors curate their presence on Nextdoor via robust tools, learn about one another through expressive profiles, and create interpersonal connections that add up to an active community.
The Impact You’ll Make
As engineering lead, you will be responsible for the operations and outcomes of the Social Capital engineering team. The main product today is the profile, but is quickly expanding.
- You’ll manage and mentor a team of 9 cross-functional engineers, helping reach their career goals and ensuring a healthy, engaged, and productive team environment.
- You’ll be directly responsible for managing the team’s goals, roadmap, and progress reporting.
- You’ll be an active co-owner of the team’s product strategy, in conjunction with your product manager and designer.
- You’ll be working with other engineering managers to reach organization-wide goals around software quality, hiring, and culture.
What You’ll Bring to The Team
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- 2+ years of hands-on engineering management experience
- Demonstrated ability to hire, coach, develop, and retain engineers
- Experience in setting development roadmaps and executing against them on a team-level scope
- Experience or familiarity with Django, React, iOS, and Android
- Ability to individually contribute to the Django, React, iOS, or Android codebases
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience building for product-driven, consumer internet companies
- Experience with community building, online or offline
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordin