Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections and the exchange of helpful information, goods, and services. Nextdoor’s purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth and reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and Canada, with many more to come.
The impact you’ll make
As the Head of Business Development, you’ll work cross-functionally to define a holistic partnership strategy. You will drive growth and enable new use cases through API platforms, app activations, and bespoke product integrations. As the practice expands, you will build a global partnerships team that accelerates partner-driven growth for Nextdoor.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Defining Nextdoor’s global core partnership strategy
- Building a team of business development leaders that scale partnerships’ impact
- Managing all partner relationships and integrations with the Nextdoor product suite
- Driving the growth of engagement and signups through a combination of on and off-platform partnership efforts
What you’ll bring to The Team
- 7-10 years demonstrated experience as a business development leader for large-scale consumer products in an agile environment, preferably including work on social networks, social media or marketplace products
- Deep empathy for partner needs and insights, as well as an intuitive grasp of the business problems we’re trying to solve
- Expertise in carrier and device partnerships that can drive app adoption and new neighbor growth.
- Strong understanding of product principles, technology capabilities, agile development processes, and consumer user experiences to drive holistic partnership strategies
- Team leadership and management skills to build a high-performing and engaged business development team
- Understanding of data and the organizational capability to set clear targets and drive the team to deliver results based on measurable ROI
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.