We are ExtraHop. We're on a mission to provide security teams with the intelligence they need to confront and stop advanced threats like supply chain attacks, zero day exploits, and ransomware attacks. Cyber attackers still have the advantage. We’re taking it back with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor. Are you ready to help us reclaim the upper hand?
The UX design team at ExtraHop works alongside product management and engineering in building a cutting-edge cybersecurity product for IT teams at Fortune 2000 companies. As a designer on our team, you will dive into customer needs and problems and design solutions that deliver actionable insights, informative data visualizations, and powerful investigative functionality to cybersecurity professionals.
ExtraHop R&D supports fully-flexible work options that includes full time onsite, hybrid, and fully remote working arrangements. With the exception of a few roles that require physical access, we believe in supporting you in making the choice that works best for you and makes the team successful.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet with customers and stakeholders to gather requirements and feedback
- Design detailed user flows, interactions, components, states, and screens
- Collaborate with PM, UX, and engineering teams to launch new features and evolve existing ones based on an understanding of user needs, business objectives, and technical constraints
- Cleary and thoughtfully articulate design decisions and advocate for users
- Drive feature designs through all stages of the product development lifecycle
- Communicate solutions using diagrams, wireframes, task flows, prototypes, mockups, or other deliverables
- Test ideas and rapidly incorporate user and stakeholder feedback
- Work with developers to ensure smooth handoff and implementation of designs through close collaboration and creation of UI specifications
- Contribute to design system and design documentation
- Identify ways to improve user experiences in the product
A successful candidate will have:
- 6+ years of experience in UX with portfolio of case studies demonstrating design process
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Proven success in leading design solutions in enterprise products from start to finish across cross-functional teams
- Experience working with design systems
- Ability to conduct user research to clarify complex and ambiguous problems
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design process and interface design principles
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative spirit
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, or comparable design tool
- Experience working with Agile development is a plus
- Experience working with data visualizations is a plus
- Experience working with design systems is a plus
ExtraHop is on a mission to arm security teams to confront active threats and stop breaches. Our Reveal(x) 360 platform, powered by cloud-scale AI, sees every threat without being seen. We analyze all cloud and network traffic in real-time to eliminate blind spots and detect threats that other tools miss, helping our customers respond to breaches up to 84 percent faster.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. In 2020, we’ve already been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., Computerworld, BuiltIn Seattle, and Seattle Business Magazine, and we’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years. Forbes named ExtraHop to its 2020 AI 50 List, as well as the list of “20 Best Cybersecurity Startups to Watch.” In 2019 and 2020, JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. SC Media has named ExtraHop an Industry Innovator for enterprise network detection and response for the past two years.
We offer compelling benefits* to our employees, including:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP where applicable
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k or Pension where applicable
- Pet Insurance (US only)
*Benefits outside of the US vary by region.
We are intentional about our culture, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome everyone to come ready to participate in contributing to this truly unique environment. At ExtraHop, we believe that the best products, services, and companies are built by strong teams that include a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We are committed to supporting and enabling growth and opportunity for every employee at every level. This is the foundation of our success.
We are equally committed to equal employment opportunity, and it is foundational to how we recruit and hire our talented team. Employment is determined based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharged/veteran, pregnancy (including potential pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Our people are our most important competitive advantage, leading the charge against nation-states, cyber criminals, and insider threats. Ready to join us?