Group Product Manager, Servicing and Automation (Remote) at Newfront Insurance
San Francisco, CA, US
From the Lloyd’s of London coffee shop to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy and society, but remains stuck in the stone age. Incumbents rely on antiquated pen-and-paper process and there's a huge opportunity to transform it through technology. At Newfront, we're building software to supercharge insurance brokers and help them deliver a delightful experience to clients.
While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people and trusted relationships matter. Newfront believes in empowering people rather than "disrupting" them. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
We’re building the modern insurance brokerage and you can read more about our recent funding and merger here:
As a manager of product managers at Newfront you’ll be responsible for product planning, strategy, and talent acquisition and management. You'll work to define initiatives and scope areas of ownership for the product engineering team to tackle to unlock Newfront’s growth as a business.
We develop products for 3 different user groups – our clients, brokers, and the servicing team.
- Clients: We want to do the hard work of helping Newfront's clients understand the coverage they have and buy the coverage they need easily at a great price. When things happen in their business, they should be able to easily request an update to their coverage, get help, or make a claim.
- Brokers: We want to help them turn leads into sales. Insurance brokers are like a sales team in a traditional SaaS company. They need tools that clearly communicate the status of all of their clients, tracks their leads, and helps them grow the revenue they bring to Newfront.
- Servicing team: We want to enable Account Managers and other servicing team members to focus on stellar service for our clients rather than data entry, PDF generation, and repeating status updates. To do so, we aim to automate these tedious processes as well as make tools that help the servicing team efficiently advise and support clients through business activities that impact their insurance needs.
As owner of the Servicing product area, you’ll be focused on understanding the various processes of the servicing team and knowing how they get their work done inside and out in order to build tools to help them do that efficiently and scalably. This is the backbone of keeping our clients covered, helping them operate, and ultimately becoming a long-term strategic partner to our clients. Our business is accelerating, so we need to be investing in better than linear improvements in operational efficiency.
We value collaboration with cross-functional peers and encourage them to work directly with us in exploring their issues and how a combination of product and process may help them progress towards their goals. You should feel comfortable communicating product and technical development processes to a non-technical audience and with the leadership team.
- Distilling complex requirements into simple workflows. The insurance industry is one built on exceptions, and features you build will need to be a multiplier in enabling workflows while being flexible enough to adapt to many situational requirements.
- Aligning diverse partners and teams of engineers, designers, and operations to guide a shared vision and set your team's goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with Newfront’s mission to turn risk into opportunity for clients.
- Working with Design leads, technical leads, to prioritize, plan, and facilitate execution. You will conduct research and create product specs, influence and provide feedback on product designs, and work with engineering to drive high-quality feature launches.
- Communicating a cohesive product investment framework. At a startup, there are a million features we could be launching, but you’ve picked this one. You’ll need to clearly reason about your ideas and be able to communicate frameworks for prioritizing and executing on projects through metrics creation, ROI evaluation, and impact analysis.
- Build and grow a high-functioning PM team. This product area directly affects how every single client of Newfront interacts with every single operator within Newfront. You'll need to build a cohesive PM team that can coordinate with stakeholders across the company to bring Newfront's operations to the next level of fidelity and scale.
- 5+ years product management experience
- 2+ years managing technology roles
- Experience taking products from inception to launch.
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions.
- Experience creating strategic product roadmap(s) focused on ROI to the business.
- Demonstrated ability to identify foundational issues with product strategy and then actively invest in these projects for the benefit of the team and company long term.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members up to and including the executive-level.
- Experience aligning diverse partners and teams. Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Customer Support, or Operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following: operations, internal tools, productivity, B2B, data extraction, ML processing.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.