IT Security & Compliance Coordinator at Newfront Insurance
San Francisco, CA, US / Remote
From the Lloyd’s of London coffee shop to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy and society, but remains stuck in the stone age. Incumbents rely on antiquated pen-and-paper process and there's a huge opportunity to transform it through technology. At Newfront, we're building software to supercharge insurance brokers and help them deliver a delightful experience to clients.
While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people and trusted relationships matter. Newfront believes in empowering people rather than "disrupting" them. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
SUMMARY: The IT Security & Compliance Coordinator will be critical to the Newfront Security & Compliance Team in helping to build, execute, and maintain an improved program for effectively managing security collateral, client and vendor security questionnaires, DPAs and other related security needs. Over time, this person will be able to effectively communicate our security, risk and compliance practices and processes while working with internal teams and security partners to gather and track necessary artifacts ensuring we meet requirements for existing certifications as well as those we are working towards.
This person is expected to be well organized, detailed oriented, have strong problem-solving skills, be able to work comfortably under pressure, and be able to deliver on tight deadlines. They should also be confident, professional, and self-motivated with a keen interest in ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements. Top candidates will have outstanding presentation and report writing skills, with the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
FROM THE TEAM: Thanks to our hardworking Team, Newfront is on the bleeding edge of technology in our industry. Our 100% cloud infrastructure provides exposure to a wide variety of tools for use in building creative employee and client solutions; our clients include some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley.
We are a team of diverse, talented IT professionals who like to work hard and enjoy collaborating in the planning, implementing and launching of these applications in our agile environment. Most of all, we trust each other and value the contributions each of us brings to the team, giving everyone an opportunity to have a direct impact in the decisions we make and the solutions we provide.
To keep up with the rapid changes in technology, we encourage and support continuous learning by investing in professional development for all employees. In addition to professional growth, our team likes to have fun together. With regular virtual team lunches and other team-building activities, we ensure work doesn’t always have to feel like work!
- This position is an hourly, non-exempt and full-time position.
- This position is based out of Newfront’s San Mateo corporate office with the option to work from home.
- The position reports to: IT Director, Infrastructure and Operations.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Work closely with the IT Director of Operations & Infrastructure and the Senior IT Service Operations Manager, to coordinate, prioritize, track and complete client security questionnaires and DPA requests from team members and internal customers.
- Guide business stakeholders on the internal security support processes.
- Collaborate on the security request process and build strong relationships with teams across the organization.
- Assist with building security and compliance policies.
- Coordinate security and compliance efforts with security partners and vendors.
- Own completion and submission of security questionnaires and surveys.
- Maintain the security questionnaire library, templates and drafts.
- Work with the team to capture insights on successes, failure points and key learnings from security requests.
- Proactively identify and document opportunities to optimize and/or redesign the processes for handling incoming security requests and security support management both internally and externally via 3rd party partners.
- Maintain security collateral and certifications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Must demonstrate professionalism, passion, and ways to use technology for good.
- High level of attention to detail and appreciation of workflow processes and checklists.
- High level of advanced security and compliance knowledge and experience.
- Knowledgeable of security and compliance industry regulations (e.g., GDPR,CCPA, 23 NYCRR 500, HIPAA, and SOC2).
- Excellent verbal, organizational and written communication skills.
- Must work well with others in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues.
- Active participation as a Newfront team member, suggesting improvements in processes and procedures and ways to make the organization better.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma required.
- Must have 2-3 years of related experience.
- Experience working in the security and compliance field.
- An IT background is preferred.
- Insurance or financial services industries background is a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- Cyber security certificates are preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using a computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
At Newfront, creativity is spelled creativITy since the company depends on creative technology solutions to run and grow our business. Our 100 percent cloud infrastructure offers a variety of solutions to plan, implement, launch and manage. And our employees and clients – who happen to be some of the country’s biggest names–give us myriad opportunities to build innovative tools to help them solve and succeed. We work hard to be on the leading edge of technology in our industry and hope you’ll inspire us to even greater levels of ingenuity.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.