Employee Benefits Growth Specialist at Newfront Insurance
Seattle, WA, US
At Newfront, we’re building the modern insurance experience. By relying on our strengths as an industry-leading professional operation and an industry-leading business operations and technology company, we will address and solve these challenges. We are transforming the delivery of risk management, employee experience, insurance, and retirement solutions through our tech-enabled, full-service brokerage.
Driving our ambition is a simple but powerful culture. We’ve created something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and award-winning culture based on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the core tenets of Work, Love, and Play.
We believe in empowering people, from our clients to our team members. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, more productive employees, and more successful clients.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for creating and executing new business and growth strategies specifically within the small employer market segment. Business retention is also a responsibility of this position, but the most significant investment of time and resources will be on new business generation. Sales strategies will be supported by internal lead generation, account management, and pre-packaged product suites designed specifically for small employers.
FROM THE TEAM: We are a group of fun and innovative professionals, that pool our collective talents to produce something truly extraordinary. The opportunities that our team will generate in the future as our business expands, will provide significant opportunities for team member growth. One of the most exciting things about this job is the opportunity to create your own unique strategies for success and be rewarded for your outstanding performance. Our best employee in this role is someone who is proactive, forward thinking, and solution oriented. These are the key ingredients to success with this position. Strategic thinkers who excel at building and leveraging relationships are great fits for this role.
Newfront is a team of expert advisors providing industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and retirement programs to our clients. The Wholesale Benefit Practice division, Advanced Professionals Insurance and Benefit Solutions is a practice that provides exceptional service, sound advice and professional benefit consulting to plan sponsors and insurance carriers. As a General Agent, we are credible, passionate, and innovative. We value our trusted relationships with our plan sponsors, carrier business partners and our product distributors.
- This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time position.
- This position is located at Newfront's office in Seattle, WA.
- This position will report to: VP, Sales Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- The primary sales contact within the small business employee benefit team responsible for developing and closing sales opportunities.
- Develops a sales pipeline across multiple industry segments across WA state and in new markets as they are developed.
- Leveraging lead generation, event participation, and other Newfront marketing strategies to support overall sales goals.
- Prospecting from an array of sources with a focus on employers with fewer than 50 employees.
- Participate in retention strategies.
- Working with other departments within the practice to build out new plans and carrier/vendor relationships.
- Mastering the value proposition at a product line basis and effectively communicating it to prospective clients.
- Coordinating implementation of new business and service support with internal account management team.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Excellent communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation and comfortable with engaging c-suite level professionals.
- Excellent customer service skills, professionalism and tact.
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems and offer solutions.
- Works well with others in a fast-paced environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues.
- Adaptability and flexibility to address issues and respond to client needs.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities and high volumes.
- Ability to learn and adopt use of technology systems and software applications, most notably Sales Force.
- Ability to create and execute sales strategies.
- Ability to multi-task, understand urgency and deal with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient at project planning and time management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust with clients, referral sources, and stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of industry knowledge and the ability to analyze data.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience.
- Benefits and Carrier experience required.
- Prior experience in sales and/or managing product distribution, preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- WA State Life and Health License required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.