Manager, Risk Strategy and Analytics at Prosper
San Francisco, CA, US / Remote
Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $20 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, home equity lines of credit (HELOC) and credit card. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
Diversity expands opportunities
Collaboration creates better solutions
Curiosity fuels our innovation
Integrity defines all our relationships
Excellence leads to longevity
Simplicity guides our user experience
Accountability at all levels drives results
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Prosper is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. Our philosophy as a business is to approach the COVID-19 situation with empathy and urgency. Prosper’s top priority is the health and safety of our employees and of the communities we serve, including our customers, partners, prospects, and candidates. In accordance with this priority, along with our legal responsibility to provide and maintain a workplace that is safe and free of known hazards, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all of our employees to receive vaccinations, unless they have an approved accommodation.
As the first peer to peer lending marketplace in the states, Prosper has a history of innovation. As a growth company that generates cash, Prosper also has a history of generating results. We are looking for team members that share our passion for applied analysis and who would be excited to be part of a mission-driven team. The successful candidate will join Prosper's Credit Risk team. The Credit Risk team uses analytics tools to develop strategies that govern automated credit decisions in Prosper's online marketplace. A Credit Risk Manager at Prosper has the opportunity to utilize advanced analytical skills to develop strategies using models and data in order to manage credit and pricing decisions. An ideal candidate should have strong hands-on analytical skills and a passion for solving problems in innovative and effective ways. The candidate is also expected to lead alternative data and new infrastructure evaluation and integration with decision engine. The faster and more agile risk strategies keep our marketplace competitive and ensure that we continue to deliver on our mission of advancing financial well-being.
Problems You Will Solve
- Develop credit strategies to improve the credit performance by using data, machine learning models and advanced analytics tools to optimize risk decisions
- Bring innovative/out of the box thinking to make recommendations and to approaching/solving problems
- Design A/B tests and understand the risk-return trade-offs
- Continue to innovate by testing new data, analytics approaches and models
- Partner with Product, Marketing and Engineering teams to evaluate new infrastructure and new machine learning solutions
- Evaluate alternative data and new solutions to optimize credit strategy and improve credit performance
- Drive machine learning solution integration with decision engine and achieve early time to market for credit strategies using new machine learning models
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis related to risk management, investor services, product, and operations
- Analyze portfolio performance at a granular segment level on an ongoing basis. Identify trends and conduct root-cause analysis to isolate key performance drivers. Communicate findings and recommendations to the Risk Management and broader Prosper community
- Work with legal and compliance team to ensure strategies and policies comply with all the regulatory requirements
- Master’s degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Economics.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years post graduated experience, 2+ years of experience managing credit risk and/or fraud and/or data science in consumer lending industry
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills – ability to clearly and succinctly communicate technical subject matter to other team members and Senior Management team
- Knowledge and experience of segmentation, statistical procedures, decision tree, and financial analytic tools are required
- Expert knowledge SQL, R/ Python required
- Demonstrated success with machine learning model and strategy implementation
- Strong interpersonal skills – collaborate with people across functions and develop strong relationship
- Strong ownership and motivation to drive business result
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Self-starter; comfort dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to frame business problem independently and design comprehensive analysis to provide insights and make recommendation
What We Offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people's lives
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible time off, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, paid parental leave
- Wellness benefits including access to mental health resources, virtual HIIT and yoga workouts
- A bevy of other perks including Udemy access, childcare assistance, pet insurance discounts, legal assistance, and additional discounts through Perkspot
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.