Loan Verification Specialist at Prosper
Phoenix, AZ, US
Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $20 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, home equity lines of credit (HELOC) and credit card. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
About Our Operations Team
Rooted in our values, Prosper’s Operations team is driven by how we can improve the customer experience, always thinking there must be a better way. If you are looking for a mission driven company with a great culture, check us out! As a Prosper employee, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of your career - we offer learning opportunities and career development plans. Come join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential! Are you ready to Prosper?
Diversity expands opportunities
Collaboration creates better solutions
Curiosity fuels our innovation
Integrity defines all our relationships
Excellence leads to longevity
Simplicity guides our user experience
Accountability at all levels drives results
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Prosper is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring processes. Our philosophy as a business is to approach the COVID-19 situation with empathy and urgency. Prosper’s top priority is the health and safety of our employees and of the communities we serve, including our customers, partners, prospects, and candidates. In accordance with this priority, along with our legal responsibility to provide and maintain a workplace that is safe and free of known hazards, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all of our employees to receive vaccinations, unless they have an approved accommodation.
When it comes to the details, nothing gets past you! If this describes you and you’re looking for an opportunity to build a career with a rapidly growing organization, we want to talk to you! With training classes starting monthly, Prosper is seeking smart, energetic, financial industry professionals for our Verification Team. In this position you must be able to multitask in a fun and fast-paced processing environment. Prosper offers an excellent compensation package including options for company paid health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401k with employer match and even a Prosper Fit Reimbursement Plan where we’ll reimburse a portion of your fitness expenses.
Problems You Will Solve
- Calculate income using the applicants pay stub, W2 or approved documents
- Evaluate the accuracy and authenticity of loan documents received electronically
- Provide exceptional service to borrowers in a professional manner at the same time safeguarding the interests of both lenders and Prosper
- Flexibility to jump from production to inbound call support as needed
- Asking customers to verify personal and financial information for accuracy
- Achieve monthly utilization and production goals while maintaining monitored quality standards
- Ability to interpret and apply required policies and procedures while keeping up with frequent updates
- Ensure adherence to required regulations and work under the supervision of a manager
- Able to manage a pipeline and ensure the timely processing of loan/line of credit files
- Enhance fraud processes and meet or exceed performance targets
- Able to prevent escalations and deescalate when necessary
- Loan Verification Agents will spend most days making outbound calls with the possibility of taking inbound calls from customers
- All other supporting actions determined by business need while being able to adapt to frequent changes within the department
- Strong attention to detail and extremely thorough in your work
- Ability to multi-task
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills
- Flexibility to work autonomously both onsite and in a remote environment
- Flexible and ready to work in a dynamic production on inbound environment
- Excellent communicate skills, both verbally and written
- Professional, proactive, and solution-oriented
- Proficient with Excel, Salesforce, and web-based applications
- Preferred 1+ years of financial services industry experience
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.