Fraud Specialist at Prosper
Phoenix, AZ, US
Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $20 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, home equity lines of credit (HELOC) and credit card. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
About Our Operations Team
Rooted in our values, Prosper’s Operations team is driven by how we can improve the customer experience, always thinking there must be a better way. If you are looking for a mission driven company with a great culture, check us out! As a Prosper employee, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of your career - we offer learning opportunities and career development plans. Come join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential! Are you ready to Prosper?
Diversity expands opportunities
Collaboration creates better solutions
Curiosity fuels our innovation
Integrity defines all our relationships
Excellence leads to longevity
Simplicity guides our user experience
Accountability at all levels drives results
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Prosper is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring processes. Our philosophy as a business is to approach the COVID-19 situation with empathy and urgency. Prosper’s top priority is the health and safety of our employees and of the communities we serve, including our customers, partners, prospects, and candidates. In accordance with this priority, along with our legal responsibility to provide and maintain a workplace that is safe and free of known hazards, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all of our employees to receive vaccinations, unless they have an approved accommodation.
Prosper is seeking smart, energetic professionals to join our Fraud Team. We are rapidly growing our business and are seeking an individual to help build a best-in-class fraud process. Must be extremely detail-oriented.
Problems You Will Solve
- Analyzes loan applications for fraud in a production environment
- Achieve monthly production goals while maintaining quality standards
- Provide exceptional customer service for customers via verbally and written
- Escalates and presents efficiency gain and process improvement ideas to management
- Actively contributes to enhancing, and maintaining existing fraud processes
- Completes additional tasks as assigned by management
- Strong attention to detail and extremely thorough
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proof of exceptional quality and productivity performance
- Strong follow up skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Flexibility to work overtime including Saturdays as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional, proactive and solution-oriented
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Positive and able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Advanced experience reviewing documents for authenticity
- Confident, independent decision maker
- Ability to leverage research tools to execute sound decisions
- 1+ years experience in financial services industry (required)
- 1+ years experience as fraud analyst or investigator is a plus
- BA/BS degree or higher in related field is a plus
What We Offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people's lives
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible time off, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, paid parental leave
- Wellness benefits including access to mental health resources, virtual HIIT and yoga workouts
- A bevy of other perks including Udemy access, childcare assistance, pet insurance discounts, legal assistance, and additional discounts through Perkspot
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.